We’re proud to announce the release of a short documentary detailing the Walk! We hope you check it out and share it with your networks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr5YwR15Og4
In June of 2021 a group of grandparents and elders embarked on an eight day 180 mile march from Scranton, PA to Wilmington, DE.
Driven by the question ‘What kind of ancestors will we be?’ these elders took bold action and risked arrest in the fight against climate change and for a renewable energy future!
Along the way the elders met with front line activists struggling against pipelines, incinerator plants, and environmental racism. The Walk concluded with a non-violent direct action in which 15 grandparents in rocking chairs blockaded the doors of a major Chase Bank corporate headquarters in Wilmington!
Chase Bank is the number one funder of fossil fuel extraction in the U.S. They are invested to the tune of $268 billion– $71 billion more than their closest competitor. We demand their complete divestment from fossil fuel!
Beyond Extreme Energy has had a busy year:
- The FERC Into FREC Summit gathered together 50 activists to craft an in-depth vision for the Federal Renewable Energy Commission.
- We released the 30 Legislative Points for a Federal Renewable Energy Commission
- Members were arrested in the fight against Line 3 (MN) and the Mountain Valley Pipeline (WV/VA).
- We played a key role in organizing the 2021 Walk for Our Grandchildren.
- We have just reestablished the Frontline Community Support Fund
- And we made critical gains in garnering legislative support for dismantling the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and building the Federal Renewable Energy Commission (FREC)
We’re not slowing down, we’re doubling down!
We need your support to keep fighting against climate chaos, fossil fuels, and FERC! Please make a one time or recurring donation here: https://tinyurl.com/8f443da6